I made fliers, newsletters, press pass credentials, stall stories, and additional media, and marketing items as the Media Relations & Marketing Intern for the Augusta GreenJackets during the 2016 season.
This is my WordPress blog I had with the GreenJackets, featuring additional articles, interviews, and stories throughout the 2016 season.
I was also in charge of the rosters, including updating and sending new rosters for Media Relations and broadcasters for every opponent the GreenJackets faced. They changed frequently. But I was basically among the first to know anything newsworthy since I likely had driven the player to the airport.
Personal highlights from my internship include:
- Ran the press box and facilitated lineup card exchanges
- Drove players (promoted/demoted) to the airport
- Interviewed former Augusta GreenJackets manager, and World Series Champion, Roberto Kelly, Los Angeles Dodger Charlie Culberson (who went on to hit a walk-off home run Sept. 25, 2016 to help the Dodgers clinch the NL West, and played in the 2017 World Series), former MLBer Tyler Colvin, Rick Hader aka Myron Noodleman, assisted MLB Network Radio, MiLB.com, and local media outlets with conducting interviews — former MLB pitcher and GreenJackets, Clay Rapada, Grant Watson, Bryan Reynolds, Michael Connolly, Jake McCasland, Miguel Gomez.
- I was interviewed for a book
- I made my first radio appearance (Asheville Tourists radio network)
- I witnessed my first no-hitter
- Baseball historian and Lincoln Journal columnist Lamar Garrard wrote about me in an article
MEDIA RELATIONS & MARKETING
Official Team Photographer
As the GreenJackets photographer, I used a Canon EOS Rebel T5, iPhone 6, and Samsung S7 to capture photos for all game days, team-related events, and social media. Thousands of photos were taken and uploaded into a photo database to be used for future print and digital marketing usage. Promotional items including fliers, newsletters, the official website, and POP photos. Social media images were distributed across the GreenJackets Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. I made a compilation of videos for initiatives including Stand Up To Cancer Night, Countdown to Opening Night, In-Series Promos, and Playoff Preview. I posted these videos to our social media outlets, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube channel throughout the 2016 season. You can watch all of the videos I created here.