I graduated as a Communications Major in 2013 from Longwood University. When I started college, we were associated with the Facebook game Farmville. Now we have illustriously been attached to the name Norwood thanks to VP Mike Pence.
In 2013 I interned with the Richmond Flying Squirrels and worked at State Farm after that.
Then, I worked as the Media Relations & Marketing Intern with the Augusta GreenJackets in 2016. You can read all about that here.
Some of the notables from my time in Augusta, Georiga:
- Witnessed first no-hitter July 17th — Jake McCasland vs Delmarva Shorebirds
- I made my first radio appearance
- I was interviewed for a book
- Baseball historian and columnist Lamar Garrard wrote about me in an article — GreenJackets and fans honor the military.
- I drove Miguel Gomez to the airport last summer when he got called up to High-A San Jose. This is him in July getting his first MLB hit.
- Running press box
- Managing social media accounts
- Writing press releases and media advisories
- Update and edit GreenJackets website (Upload content, HTML)
- Creating eNewsletters via Constant Contact
- Interviews for our PlayBall program and website stories
- Creating daily stat packs for our manager, coaches, fans and radio broadcasters
- Facilitating lineup card exchanges
- Driving players to the airport following promotions and demotions
- Interviewed former Augusta GreenJackets manager, and World Series Champion, Roberto Kelly, Los Angeles Dodger Charlie Culberson (who went on to clinch the NL West with a walk-off home run Sept. 25), former MLBer Tyler Colvin, Rick Hader aka Myron Noodleman
- Assisted MLB Network Radio, MiLB.com, and local media outlets with conducting interviews — Clay Rapada, Grant Watson, Bryan Reynolds, Michael Connolly, Jake McCasland, Miguel Gomez
I also went to Nashville, Tennessee for the annual MLB Winter Meetings.